My little brother sports the most fantastic 70’s style mustache ever. Well, at least my daughter thinks it’s fantastic. She wants to be just like her uncle, which has caused a bit of a mustache obsession. So when it came time to think of a gift for him, of course she insisted on something with mustaches on it.
This little mustache tea towel was so quick and easy to make, and makes a perfect gift for your favorite ‘stache sporting friends.
You will need:
- a white non-terrycloth towel (I like these)
- a sharpie
- an x-acto knife
- a few small pieces of freezer paper
- black & red fabric paint
- a small foam paintbrush
- Draw your design on freezer paper with the sharpie.
- Cut out your design using the x-acto knife to make a stencil.
- Iron the piece of freezer paper to the towel, smooth side down, using a hot iron without steam.
- Using the foam paint brush, dab the fabric paint onto the towel. Do a few coats to make sure it is fully covered. Let the paint completely dry, following the instructions on your fabric paint, then carefully peel off the freezer paper stencil.
For more details and photos on using freezer paper stencils, check out my little heart onesie tutorial.
Her mustache is from Land of Nod, and gets played with on a daily basis…usually with a princess dress, of course.
The fabric paint that we used has the best texture once it is steamed, it almost looks like a real mustache!