I love love love summer. Hot days, bare feet, beaches, BBQs… I love it all.
We have been in the midst of foggy June Gloom around here, and all I can dream about is summer. But in the last few days, the fog has lifted, the sun is shining, and it has started to finally feel like summer! Perfect timing for the 4th of July!
Since summer has finally arrived, I was inspired to make a little something for the 4th. (But nothing too big or involved, because we are moving any day now.)
These little DIY sparklers only take a few minutes, cost next to nothing, and make a fun (and sparkly) addition to anything you are planning to serve this 4th of July.
You will need:
- wooden skewers or toothpicks
- silver tinsel garland (easy to find on ebay for under a dollar)
- hot glue
- Cut off a 2 inch section of the tinsel garland.
- Tightly wrap the garland around your finger. Carefully remove your finger.
- Put a dab of hot glue on the end of your wooden skewer or toothpick.
- push the glue-covered end of the toothpick into the center of the rolled garland.
- Press all of the tinsel upward and hold until the glue dries.
- Fluff the tinsel out into the shape of a sparkler.
You can use the longer sparklers as drink stirrers or fruit skewers, and the smaller ones as cupcake toppers, or stick them into just about anything you’d like.
Check back later this week for a simple dessert that goes perfectly with these little sparklers!
Happy 4th of July!