Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful week. Ours was filled with growing food scraps on our kitchen windowsill, reading her new sweet book I’m Here (which apparently is pretty funny??), farmers markets, and lots of fort building! Here are a few more things I have been loving lately:
- My latest obsession: green garlic! After buying a bunch at the farmer’s market last weekend, we have been using it in everything. My favorite is adding it to my pesto instead of regular garlic.
- Speaking of farmer’s markets and fresh produce, I love this infographic about eating the rainbow. Now that the spring fruits and veggies are ready, it will be so much easier to bring color to our plates.
- Last month I read Cinderella Ate My Daughter. It was rather frightening, but a must-read for moms of little girls. The Pink and Blue Project shows just how much the gender-specific marketing campaigns are effecting our kids.
- Please and thank you are some of the first words my daughter learned, because I feel it is so important for her to always feel and express gratitude for what others do for her and give her. Going even further, I love the idea of leaving sticky notes everywhere to say thank you to everyone who makes our lives a little brighter.
- After pinning this lovely print a few days ago, I couldn’t get it out of my head. Once I found out that it is part of an amazing fundraiser, with all proceeds going to a little cancer fighter, it was a done deal. Within an hour it was purchased, printed, and on my wall. I love that kind of instant gratification.